Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sassy Shakespeare Style

On Sunday I got a lil' dressed up for no reason. Although I suppose you could call "I want to start making style and outfit posts" a reason. I'll go with it.

This is just a quick and dirty OOTD I put up on my instagram, but it's a good start.

A photo posted by @rocketamelia on
Shirt - Garage
Scarf - Vero Moda
Sweater - Tommy Hilfiger (forever ago)
Headband - Icing
(I'm not sure why I'm linking all of these. I've just seen other people do it. Help how do you fashion blog)

I found this shirt the other day and I loved it right away. At that point, trying it on was really just a formality, and the fact that it was on sale was just a gratuitous bonus. I mean, I'm a theatre kid and an English/Lit nerd - it was really fate.

For this outfit, I decided to go with the super-girly stereotypical Juliet aesthetic with the curls and flowers, knowing that the cynicism and colour of the shirt would balance it out and make it just the right amount of satirical. And because I was just running some errands that day, I made it casual with my new tan pants and super-big scarf. Then I threw on the sweater that looked the most decent with the rest of it, because, you know, outside.

Also, yeah. Those are some hips. My hips and bum are the only thing I inherited from my Mom's side of the family, so I'm pretty pear-shaped. It's more noticeable on the left than usual, but hey, body positivity, right? And never fear: I won't photoshop my body... mostly because I don't know how and I'm to lazy to figure it out. I just have big hips and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment