Monday, January 12, 2015

Project 365 - Week 1

I've started Project 365, which means I'm taking one picture each day (of course I often take more than that, but I take one photo ever day dedicated to this project). It's been pretty fun so far, and I'm sure it'll get easier as I get used to it. The main benefits I foresee (because it's only been a few days so far) are that 1. I'm going to be able to look back on stuff - I'm an extremely visual person, so looking at pictures will be a good way to remember things about that day or that thing I took a picture of - and 2. it's going to concretely motivate myself to do more things, fun or not, to have something to show for every day. You know, thinking "Oh I need to take a picture of something today" makes me want to do or find something interesting, something worth photographing, and that makes me both live my life more vibrantly and excitingly and also look at the world around me more attentively.

I'm going to be posting these weekly. It's been more than a week since January 1, but I'm still figuring out my ~schedule~ for this, okay? OKAY?! I'm not freaking out

1/365: I missed our puppy! His name is Bailey.


2/365: Since I'd been gone for 3 weeks, I had to completely restock.

3/365: I FINALLY hung up my posters and some fairy lights. I got myself the Batik print with the boat on it over the christmas break. Maybe I'll make a post about the whole setup sometime.

4/365: My best friend wrote a play! So a couple of us came to the house she's house-sitting, did a reading of it, and had spaghetti and fun friend chatting times. I felt very adult. We discussed Korrasami a lot.

5/365: On Monday night, the night before I went back to class, I redyed my hair. It's practically black now, which I think is what I subconsciously wanted.

6/365: My friend and I found this hidden but amazing coffeeshop half an hour before it closed on our way to buying my drafting supplies for school. They had this amazing portobello mushroom panini, which we split.

7/365: After school on Wednesday, I spent an exorbitant amount of time going out to the only mall in town that has a Sephora. And they also have a Culture Craze. (It's the black lipstick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment