Thursday, January 1, 2015

Blog News

Yes, I realize it's been forever. I'm sorry.

But it's a New Year! A fresh start, a new beginning - and I can really use it. This last year has been pretty rough; looking back, most of the major events in my life were negative ones. And in the last couple months, everything sort of fell apart and I lost my grip on my own life a little bit. That sounds alarming. I should mention, I mean it in a keeping-on-top-of-things way. My mental health is still relatively intact.

I wouldn't say I have a clean slate - I don't believe you can ever have a completely shiny clean slate in your life except for when you're born. Or maybe when you fake your own death, get plastic surgery and live in a different country under a different identity, and even then, your past stays with you in your memories and your personality. But let's say most of the things on my slate have been cleared off and it's been wiped down with a dishcloth. Most importantly, the person holding the slate - me - is re-energized and ready to deal with what comes next, and has learned from the things that were on the slate before. I really need to let this metaphor go.

I foresee myself doing a lot more blogging in 2015, as well as making videos on my YouTube channel. Beyond it being a personal choice, I'm going to be an official student blogger for my University this spring semester, and I think that will really get the creative juices flowing. Also, I'll be doing my own Project 365, inspired by Kaylah's post, and I'll be posting my daily photos each week.

There will also be a renewed effort to make the rest of Pride and Prejudice into screencap posts.

All over, this year I want to work harder, listen to more music, do more, go on more adventures, find new things I haven't done before, and say yes more often: to others, to opportunities, to myself. Basically, I want to live my life more.

Yes, I'll still be featuring music at the end of posts. This one is possible the most almost-country song I've ever actually liked. And I like it a lot. (I know it's hardly even country at all, that's my point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment