Wednesday, January 29, 2014

When The Lights Come On, I'll Be Ready For This

In many ways, today was even better than yesterday. In some ways, it was worse.

I didn't go to Staples before class; I slept in, because of course I did. Class was decent, and we stayed for half an hour afterwards to get some ideas going for our final project. Between today's discussion and staying afterwards, I actually think we're closer as a class, which is nice. I purposefully sat between two people I don't know, and it was actually a very good idea. That made me happy.

After that, I went to Staples and Walmart. I found a decent planner at Staples, which is good. After I got back to campus, I dropped off my stuff and went for a hike. The hike was actually very nice, and I'm even more glad I did it than I thought I would be.

Let's just ignore how bad I look without makeup in this picture

It's not that far up, but man was I hungry when I got back to Residence! I really hope I can move tomorrow.

At Walmart I picked up a bristle brush so when I got home, I tried dry brushing for the first time. My body feels so nice and relaxed now! It really is like a massage (a really invigorating one - bloodflow everywhere) and my skin feels suuuuuper soft and nice and fresh. So that makes me feel happy. Also my muscles feel nice and loose, which is great because that's something I struggle with. Basically yeah I'm gonna keep doing that every day forever now. ($4 brush was definitely a great investment)

Unfortunately, I was more physically exhausted and limp and jello-y (note to self: only dry brush in the evenings when I intend to do nothing physical anymore) than I had anticipated when planning out my evening. Plus writing all my classes and rehearsals and engagements for the next 3 months took an absurdly long time, so I didn't get any cleaning up or working on my resume done. Hopefully as I continue this journey of becoming healthier (in all ways) and more organized, I'll build up my strength so I can do all the things I plan without feeling like a piece of roadkill at the end of the day.

Now the plan for tomorrow is to go to the secret beach after class, and then spend the rest of the day doing resume stuff, as well as homework. I need to get on top of that. I don't really have outside-of-class commitments next week, so that'll be when I focus on de-cluttering and organizing my space. But for the meantime, it sure is nice to have all my plans and time written out in this planner of mine.

Also, some of the girls in my group of residence friends have sort of officially left us. We had a facebook group chat going since last semester, and today two of us just left the conversation. There was no explanation, and I'm one of only two girls who live on a different floor than all the others, so I have no idea how or why this happened. Unfortunately, it's not a complete shock - they've both been really distant and I haven't seen them in weeks. In fact, our whole group has been sort of dissolving and dying off since our friend took the semester off and has been back home. It's really sad; last semester this group was a solid thing that was always there, something I could come home to and relax into after a long day of school and/or doing practical hours or scene painting or helping out with student shows. It felt so solid and comfortable and hopeful - we were (and three of us still are) thinking of living together in a house next year. I was looking forward to that, because I really want to live in a house with quite a few people, like a living community type of thing, and this was a group that I really thought I might have that with. It's interesting what school and stress and pressure can do to people, and to relationships, especially when we're so young and trying to cope with the world for the first time.

So, that's a bit of a bummer. But I have to focus on myself - I don't have any control over that, and I shouldn't try to - and that's what I'm trying to do.

Today's song is my favourite track by Lorde because Lorde.

No comments:

Post a Comment