Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Cold Clouds my Judgment

Remember that time, not at all very long ago, that I said I needed to free up my schedule and get on top of things? Well,...

I mean, they say every person is a maze of contradictions, right? Although in my case, it seems that the largest contradiction is that I want to go to university and yet I'm apparently a moron.


I must be doing right, because this November I'll be facing two of my greatest fears: writing and stress. Writing itself isn't scary for me, I guess, but putting down a goal (and what a whopping goal it is, Heaven help me), coming up with an idea and then writing it down in its entirety, petrifies me. You guessed it, folks: I'm attempting NaNoWriMo.

Why, why, WHYYYYY???!! I already don't have any time, how on Earth do I expect to do this?

My plan for this adventure: Cut out all TV except Castle and OUAT. Catch up on others over winter break. Cut down tumblr, only allowing enough for avoiding withdrawal. Write for an hour a day during the week. Write all afternoon on Saturdays. Do nothing but write on Sundays. Write as close as possible to 10,000 words on Sundays. Do not write at all on days that we have a show. Do not write on Fridays (I work). Do any homework possible during spares. If done homework in spares, write. Abolish social life. Do not worry about quality or even coherency. Take at least half an hour of free time to do absolutely nothing every day. Take breaks when writing: Hourly, between 5 and 15 minutes each, use these to fulfill basic human needs. Do not sacrifice anything in my life (responsibilities, relationships, etc.) for this. Survive, somehow.

Now, to come up with what the heck I want to write about...

Picture credit goes here, via this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment