Thursday, September 13, 2012

To Believe in Something Worth the Fight

So the past little while (what has it been, like 48 hours?) has not been the most fun. You know, obviously they could be a lot worse, but I'm not exactly having the time of my life either.

After my last post, I basically spent the afternoon alternately dealing with my feelings and droning them out (besides watching terrible TV, blasting Marina and the Diamonds and playing solitaire is an excellent way to do this). I talked to my best friend and another really good friend about it and since then have been largely ignoring the issue in order to get over it. Because getting over it is really the only option, unfortunately.

The next morning was also not great. I thought I had a free period first thing in the morning, so my alarm was set to go off a bit later than usual anyway. Because of this, I woke up to a text from my best friend (the one I mentioned before... I have three) saying I'd already missed 15 minutes of chamber choir and I needed to get there ASAP or I would be out. Here's the problem: I had no idea we were having a meeting that morning. In fact, I didn't even know whether I was in or not until she texted me that I was missing it. So yesterday morning was interesting. After running around and begging my mom to drive me as soon as possible, I did finally get to the music room... but by that time I was 45 minutes late. Luckily, my teacher forgave me when I explained what happened. I have her for orchestra as well, so she already knows me.

That evening, we had a Rangers meeting which went downhill. Suffice it to say there was a discussion which entailed confusion, anger and resentful undertones. This was strange because nothing like it had ever happened before (even though us teenage girls have been having meetings for 4 years now...) and because I didn't know the context of the issue. Anyway, that was unpleasant.

But today was a little better! Well, in hindsight, anyway. Besides my alarm not going off in the morning and then having pain issues during the day, I had a really nice afternoon! Again, some blasting Marina and solitaire (less about distraction this time) but also some hanging out with my friend, baking cookies, and mocking Glee together. That show really is ridiculously transparent.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sleeping in, 1984 discussion in English, work... Good things are in store. Now I just have to pray that life doesn't screw it up again.
(post title from Lies by Marina and the Diamonds)

No comments:

Post a Comment