Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Dangerous Girl in the Sweater Vest

School is back in! And because apparently I don't have enough on my hands during my grad year (!), I've decided to start a blog. I'd like to think I'll be more dedicated this time as opposed to my previous attempts, especially since I've got quite a few ideas! I'm thinking deep thoughts about literature, people! High School angst! No, seriously, I have actual ideas. I'm just waiting for them to develop into coherent thoughts.
The only problem is that I do have quite a lot on my plate: Homework, trying to get into uni, scholarship applications, my job (at a bookstore, yes, it's fantastic), the school theatre company (expect reports on this later on), orchestra, probably choir and also the fact that I'm gradding this year and my life is already pretty hectic just one week into school. The good news is that I have a free period every day, so when I don't have homework I'm hoping to be able to dedicate time to this. I even got a laptop-friendly backpack this year! I really like our school library so I'm really just dying to have another excuse to spend even more time there... But seriously, I actually do enjoy being there. It's my inner bibliophile that forces me to be happy in spaces with lots of books and knowledge. (Again, I really love my job)
But yes! I believe perhaps I should mention something about myself. Um. I'm terrible at this.
I suppose I could start with some facts: I'm in my last year of high school. My hair is blonde and extremely short because I shaved it for cancer research in the spring. I play the violin. I... ack. I really am terrible at this.
Well, OK. Let's talk about this blog, and, connected to that, my life this year. I'm in a literature class this year, and it's fascinating, so I'll be talking about that quite a bit. You know, drawing on some course work as inspiration for stuff to talk about. My teacher for that class is also really cool, so you might hear about him as well.
In fact, I'll talk a bit about him now. Mr. M is a half-bald originally Italian guy who teaches English, literature and History of Rock 'n' Roll at our school. He talks A LOT. As in, he continuously spoke our entire first class this year. And I mean CONTINUOUSLY. It was a monologue. But he also has some very interesting things to say in between those words, so I don't mind. I could listen to interesting people all day.
On Friday, I hadn't finished my essay by the end of the class and asked him if I could take it home over the weekend. He said it was fine and I made a joke about how I would have easily done it if it had been to pages of normal paper instead of the foolscap he gave use. He chuckled and said "I can see you're a bit of a rebel. I like it." Awesome! I mean, when the History of Rock 'n' Roll teacher tells you you're a rebel, you're doing something right. I was wearing a collared shirt, a floral skirt and a knit vest at the time.
So, I suppose, since I'm introducing myself, that's how I'd like to think of myself: a dangerous girl in a sweater vest.
And since I have nothing else to say, have three lovely people being lovely:
(if anybody has tips on posting/using gifs on Blogger, feel free to share.)

No comments:

Post a Comment